Sunday, March 6, 2011

VPN Access to Enterprise Software

Such kinds of services are there where trying to do a download of new leads in the server.. can print from local computer but mail merge in the server slows to a hault.

Suppose we have offices in 5 cities in Texas. We all connect to Houston by VPN to access our enterprise software that runs on a SQL server database. I am researching the possibility of using Cloud Computing to host the SQL Database and offer Terminal Services as a virtual desktop.

Another angle, the online quickbooks has one ID online login that mult people can use just not at the same time.....!! each user has his/her own login information for the desktop log in... each user has their own level of security in regards to the information they are allowed to view
Now will that all work the same on the online..... or when you type in the online user id will quickbooks automatically appear; with no second log in, also if in the future we add another business/ quickbooks application will be able to use the same host online ID or will we just have another one.

You can access mutliple QB files with one online ID, but if you want other person to access your QB files, you will need a second login if both of you want to access the QB simultaneously.


1 comment:

  1. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so I
    guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for novice blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


    Check out my weblog - click here

    ReplyDelete