Sunday, March 6, 2011

Virtual Desktop Cleanup Process

Sometimes you might have accessed QB via the virtual desktop and the cleanup process is running. It is easier to condense the QB file. Problem with your file may be that you cannot print certain reports b/c it takes too long and the program freezes up. And then you may stick several of the following issue:

  • Netdrive doesn't seem to be working, 
  • What happened to my Outlook set up?
  • Why can't I copy and paste between the Server and my PC? 
  • What happened to my client data folder?
  • Outlook suddenly isn't set up any longer? 
  • I can't copy and paste from the server to my PC. 
  • My client data folder disappeared from the desktop.
  • I am getting the following error message when I try to close out the compilation letter in financial services: address 0013F033
  • you have to go into financial statements. when you do you will see a compilation letter on the screen. when you try to close the letter out by clicking on the x in the upper right hand corner the error message will pop up.
  • Get your desktop remote controlled by  tech experts to screw up your RDP connection.
Access Violation for Financial Performance Center

QB is not always updated to the latest release automatically
- You need a QB professional who looks after the updates and takes proper measures so that you need not invest your efforts in that issue.

Doing a comparison; to get yourself and your clients onto this type of service. Other than cost, you need to take a tour of the service, performance and consistency. And this is not possible unless you choose the right IT support.

So the question is:
  • are there issues with updating QB releases?
  • if you switch from the online version to a Windows desktop version- 2010 that Mac users at a different location will be able to log in from their MAC computers and access and work on the file.
  • The new issue is that we've had to make several backups of a very very large file.
  • Since I cannot move files around any longer I will have to ask support each time this is needed. This is going to cause hardship on tech support.
  • I check many folders manually and you have access to all of them
  • I do not see any change in the permissions. YOu still have full access to the folders
  • are you trying to move the file when they are open in QB?

No comments:

Post a Comment